- Ph.D., Library and Information Science, University of Western Ontario, 1992
- M.L.S., Library and Information Science, University of Western Ontario, 1985
- B.A., University of British Columbia, Spanish Language and Literature (major), Psychology and French (minor), 1982
Teaching & Research Interests
- Multicultural library and information services
- Information seeking behavior
- Organization of information
- Subject access
- See, Hear, and Speak No Evil: A Content Approach to Evaluating Multicultural Multimedia Materials, RUSQ: Reference and User Services Quarterly, 39(3): 255-64, Spring 2000.
- Immigrant Children Mediators (ICM): Bridging the Literacy Gap in Immigrant Communities,”The New Review of Children’s Literature and Librarianship, 5: 85-94, 1999.
- Transformative Information Services: Uprooting Race Politics, Proceedings of the Black Caucus of the American Library Association Conference, 19th-22nd July 1999, Las Vegas. (Forthcoming)
- Immigrant Children Mediators (ICM): Bridging the Literacy Gap in Immigrant Communities, Proceedings of the 65th General Conference of the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions, 20-28th August 1999, Bangkok, Thailand. Also published as a French translation Enfants immigrés et médiation: une façon de réduire le fossé linguistique pour les communautés immigrées.