Sudikoff Institute Public Forum
Knowledge That Matters
The Sudikoff Family Institute for Education & New Media was created through a generous gift from philanthropists Jeffrey and Joyce Sudikoff, who have served as long-standing supporters of UCLA and its School of Education & Information Studies. The Sudikoff Family Foundation has contributed more than $2.3 million to foster the work of UCLA Ed&IS, including an endowment of $1.5 million for the establishment of The Sudikoff Family Institute for Education & New Media.
The Sudikoff Family Institute is led by John McDonald. UCLA Ed&IS Media Relations is housed within the Institute.
Meet our faculty and learn about the work they are doing.
For faculty and students who are interested in sharing their work, please submit a form using the link below.
- California Rare Book School Speaker Series Launched with Talk by Robert D. Montoya
New CalRBS director shares perspectives on the continuing education program and its goals of positive social change, authentic democratic activity, and global justice.
- Social Sciences and Comparative Education: Newsletter Examines Pandemic, Forges Solidarity
The Spring 2021 issue of the Social Sciences and Comparative Education Newsletter showcases perspectives from students, faculty and alumni of the division.
- Jennie Grammer Honored with the Harold A. and Lois Haytin Faculty Award
Research at UCLA Lab School aimed at neuroscience and its role in real-life and remote teaching and learning.
- Michelle Caswell: Renewal of Mellon Foundation Grant to Support Community Archives Internships
UCLA IS will seek to establish a nationwide community archives internship program that provides students with both professional training and financial support.
- Ron Astor: New Study Reveals 1 in 5 California Students Have Carried or Been Threatened with a Weapon
Co-authored study published in the Journal of School Violence gauges prevalence of weapons on campuses, looks at factors that put schools at risk.
- Tyrone Howard: Explaining Racial Violence to Children
As founding director of the Black Male Institute at UCLA, Tyrone Howard has examined the complex issues of education for…