Titles and Positions
- Professor of Information Studies
- Director, UC Center For Global Digital Cultures
- Doctorate, Design Studies, Harvard University, 2005
- M.S, Media Arts and Sciences (Media Laboratory), Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2002
- B.S., Industrial Engineering with Honors, Stanford University, 1998
Teaching & Research Interests
- Technology and globalization
- New media and activism
- 2017. Srinivasan, R., Whose Global Village? Rethinking How Technology Shapes Our World, NYU Press, 2017.
- 2017. Srinivasan, R. and Fish, A. After the Internet, Polity Press, forthcoming.
- 2013. Srinivasan, R. “Re-thinking the Cultural Codes of New Media: The Question Concerning Ontology”, New Media and Society 15(2): 203-223.
- 2013: Srinivasan, R. “Bridges Between Cultural and Digital Worlds in Revolutionary Egypt”, The Information Society 29(1): 49-60.