- Ph.D., Communication Theory and Research, University of Southern California, 1986
- MA, Biomedical Communications, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- BJ, University of Texas at Austin
Teaching & Research Interests
- Relationship between media, information technologies, and social change
- Information society
- Social and cultural aspects of communication/information technologies
- Scholarly communication
Leah A. Lievrouw. When users push back: Oppositional new media and community. In Communities & Technologies 2003. Dordrecht: Kluwer Academic Publishers, in press.
Leah A. Lievrouw. Review of Digital Media Revisited: Theoretical and Conceptual Innovations in Digital Domains , Gunnar Liestol, Andrew Morrison, and Terje Rasmussen (Eds.) (Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 2003), American Book Review, in press.
Leah A. Lievrouw. Review of Critique of Information , Scott Lash (London: Sage, 2002). The Information Society, in press.
Leah A. Lievrouw. Integrating the research on media access: A critical overview. In Erik P. Bucy and John E. Newhagen (Eds.), Reconceptualizing Access: Social and Psychological Influences on Media Use, pp. 269-278. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, in press.
Leah A. Lievrouw. Biotechnology, intellectual property, and the prospects for scholarly communication. In Sandra Braman (Ed.), Biotechnology and Communication: The Meta-Technologies of Information. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, in press.