- Ph.D, Administration and Policy Analysis, Stanford University, 1992
Teaching & Research Interests
- Access and equity in education
- College choice and admissions
- Sociology of education
- Organization theory
- “What is a College Culture? Facilitating College Preparation through Organizational Change.” McClafferty, McDonough, & Nuñez (View Complete Publication, size: 108 KB)
- “Rural College Opportunity: Issues and Challenges.” McDonough, McClafferty, & Fann (View Complete Publication, size: 79 KB)
- “Resisting Common Injustice: Tenure Politics, Department Politics, and Gay and Lesbian Politics.” In J. E. Cooper and D. Stevens (Eds.) Tenure in the Sacred Grove. (2002) State University of New York Press.
- “Field of Dreams: Organizational Field Approaches to Understanding the Transformation of College Access, 1965-1995.” (withVentresca, M. and C. Outcalt) Higher Education: Handbook of Theory and Research. (2000.) Vol. XIV, 371-405.