- Ph.D., Education, UCLA, 1996
- M.Ed., Educational Administration, UCLA
- B.M., Music Education, University of the Pacific
Teaching & Research Interests
Current research interests include:
- Reading comprehension instruction
- Teacher change through professional learning communities
- Lesson study
- Student achievement
Current teaching interests include:
- Teacher professional development in literacy instruction
- Teaching reading in elementary and middle school
- Facilitating professional learning communities
- Using qualitative research methods in action research
- Kratzer, C. C., & Teplin, A. S. (2005, April). Teaching reading/writing to struggling high school students: Applications from balanced literacy instruction and adolescent motivation. Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Educational Research Association (AERA), Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- Kratzer, C. C., & Teplin, A. S. (2007, April). From lesson study to Lesson Link: Classroom-based professional development. Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Educational Research Association (AERA), Chicago.
- Teplin, A. S., & Kratzer, C. C. (2005, December 6). Lesson Link: Classroom-based professional development. Paper presented at the National Staff Development Council (NSDC) Annual Conference, Philadelphia, PA.