- Ph.D., Psychology, Human Development and Public Policy, Georgetown University
- M.P.P., Masters of Public Policy, Georgetown University
- M.A., Applied Developmental and Educational Psychology, Boston College
- B.A., Psychology, Creative Writing Minor, Gettysburg College
- Bassok, D., Markowitz, A.J., Bellows, L., & Sadowski, K.C. (2021). New evidence on teacher turnover in early childhood. Educational Evaluation and Policy Analysis. https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.3102/0162373720985340
- Markowitz, A.J., Bassok, D., & Grissom, J. (2020). Teacher-child racial/ethnic match and parental engagement in Head Start. American Educational Research Journal, 57(5), 2132-2174.
- Markowitz, A.J., Bassok, D., & Player, D. (2020). Simplifying early childhood accountability systems. Children and Youth Services Review.
- Markowitz, A.J., & Ansari, A. (2020). Changes in Academic Instructional Experiences in Head Start Classrooms from 2001-2015. Early Childhood Research Quarterly.
- Dr. Markowitz’s current projects include: The Study of Early Education in Louisiana, Teacher Turnover in Head Start, Food Insecurity in Early Childhood