See Yourself Here
- UndergraduateAn undergraduate degree from UCLA's Department of Education is often the beginning of a lifelong journey in excellence. Our students major in Education and Social Transformation or minor in Education Studies and graduate with heightened intellect and social integrity, fully prepared to take whatever their chosen next step may be.
- GraduateThe Department is known as a leader in the study and practice of urban education, student testing and assessment, teacher and continuing education and development–particularly in urban, multi-ethnic environments, early childhood development, and issues of access, equity, and quality facing K-12 and higher education. Here, faculty and students work together to solve the most pressing issues facing education today. This collaborative, dynamic environment helps students develop the skills they need to become leading education professionals in the 21st century.
- UndergraduateInformation Studies offers undergraduate students coursework that is a blend of conceptual and theoretical knowledge and practical, hands-on laboratory experiences where they can apply their theoretical insights and practical skills to real-world situations. Students learn foundational concepts in contemporary library and information studies theory, information seeking and retrieval skills, and information technology.
- GraduateThe Department is home to UCLA’s iSchool and is dedicated to advancing the information fields. iSchools promote an interdisciplinary approach to understanding the opportunities and challenges of information management, with a core commitment to concepts like universal access and user-centered organization of information. The UCLA Department of Information Studies is a powerhouse in an increasingly vital field and a leading architect of the agenda for how information is disseminated and deployed in the 21st century.
Education Alumni Community
They have gone on to serve the education profession as some of the best researchers, teachers, principals, superintendents, curriculum and program developers, consultants, and collaborators in urban environments where they are bettering the lives of students and the education system at large. Their reach includes over 62 schools in the greater Los Angeles area as well as schools, school districts, think tanks, education institutions, and government agencies across the country and around the world.
To learn about our degrees in education, please click here.
Meet Our Education Alumni
Stay in the Know
Update your information to ensure you receive the latest information about what's happening in the School of Education & Information Studies.
Let us know if you've been in the news and you may be featured in The Latest online newsletter and/or Alumni Spotlight.
The UCLA School of Education & Information Studies' online newsletter with the latest news of the work from our Faculty, Students, and Alumni.
Information Studies Alumni Community
Our alumni have gone on to pursue careers in organizations such as the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, the California State Library, the William Andrews Clark Memorial Library, the J. Paul Getty Museum, the Library of Congress, the Los Angeles Public Library, and the National Archives, and in companies such as Disney, eBay, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, and Sony Pictures.
Their reach includes almost all libraries, archives, and museums in the greater Los Angeles area as well as numerous not-for-profit organizations, private companies, government agencies, universities, colleges, and schools across the country and around the world.
To learn about our degrees in information studies, please click here.
- Library and Information Studies Alumni Association (LISAA)If you are a graduate of the UCLA Department of Information Studies, then you are a member of LISAA. We provide alumni with opportunities for networking, lifelong learning, and engagement throughout the year. We sponsor colloquia, mixers, and other events including the Annual Spring Awards Dinner. We invite you to stay connected and involved! As a graduate of the program (M.L.S, Ph.D., Certificate) you’re already part of a special group of UCLA graduates who continue to make their contribution to library and information services across the state, country, and world.
Meet Our Information Studies Alumni
Stay in the Know
Update your information to ensure you receive the latest information about what's happening in the School of Education and Information Studies.
Let us know if you've been in the news and you may be featured in Ampersand online newsletter and/or Alumni Spotlight.
The UCLA School of Education and Information Studies' online newsletter with the latest news of the work from our Faculty, Students, and Alumni.