- B.A. and M.A., English, San Diego State University, 1947
- Ed.D., Education, Teachers College Columbia University, 1956
- Honorary degrees - Escuela Normal, Iguala Mexico, 1960; Universidad Texcala, Mexico, 1984; Universidad de Monterrey, Mexico, 1981; East China Normal University, 1991
- ”Contemporary Curriculum”-Seventh Edition published in English Arabic, and Chinese. (New York: Wiley 2010).
- “Curriculum The Teacher’s Initiative” Third edition published in English, Korean and Chinese. (Saddle River, NJ Pearson 2003)
- “Five Ways Schools Can Kill Learning” EDUCATION WEEK 28. no 10 (October29, 2008).
- External Evaluation:-“The Galileo Program: Building a Technology Rich Model of Performance –Based New Teacher Assessment (PACT).” (UC Riverside, Graduate School of Education August 2005}