- D.L.S., Columbia University, School of Library Service. May, 1993
- M.S., Columbia University, School of Library Service. August, 1990
- B.A., Philosophy, University of Wisconsin-Madison. May, 1987
Teaching & Research Interests
- Bibliographic control
- Organization of information
- Bibliographic works and relationships
- Cataloging and classification
- Rob Montoya and Gregory Leazer, editors, special issue of Knowledge Organization on the Politics of Classification. 2019.
- Keilty, Patrick, and G. Leazer. 2018. Feeling Documents: Toward a Phenomenology of Information Seeking. Journal of Documentation 74: 462-489.
- Leazer, G. 2016. iSchools, Legitimacy, and the Contribution of Archival Studies to the iSchool Movement. Proceedings of the 2016 iConference. Philadelphia, PA.