- Professor Emerita
- UC Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs (2012-2017)
- Dean, GSE&IS (1999-2012)
- Ph.D., Psychology, Stanford University, 1970
- M.A., Psychology, Stanford University, 1966
- B.A., Mathematics, Stanford University, 1964
Teaching & Research Interests
- Roles of electronic media and technology in children’s informal and formal education
- Integration of technology into the K-12 and college curriculum
- Media literacy
- Research methods
- Dorr, A., Arms, E., & Hall, V. (2008) Developing the next generation of education researchers: UCLA’s experience with the Spencer Foundation Research Training Grant. Teachers College Record, Volume 110, Number 7, 2008, p. 1424-1457.
- Dorr, A. (2001). Media literacy. In M. J. Smelser & P. B. Baltes (Eds.), International encyclopedia of the social and behavioral sciences. Oxford, England: Elsevier Science Limited.
- Schacter, J., Chung, G. K. W. K., & Dorr, A. (1998). Children’s internet searching on complex problems: Performance and process analysis. Journal of the American Society for Information Science, 49, 840-849.
- Dorr, A., & Rabin, B. E. (1995). Parents, children, and television. In M. H. Bornstein (Ed.), Handbook of parenting, vol. 4: Applied and practical considerations of parenting (pp. 323-357). Hillsdale, NJ: Erlbaum.