Principal Leadership Institute (PLI)
Overview of Program
PLI has designed a rigorous 14-month program aligned with the California Administrative Professional Expectations (CAPEs) that will prepare the next generation of urban school leaders. The PLI utilizes the Reciprocal Learning Partnership Equity Framework.
UCLA’s Principal Leadership Institute program prepares educators to be social justice leaders in Los Angeles schools who:
- Advocate for quality learning opportunities;
- Improve teaching and learning;
- Promote educational achievement for all students;
- Create democratic and culturally-responsive learning environments;
- Build partnerships with parents and community groups.
The Principal Leadership Institute’s graduates become instructional leaders who understand what conditions are needed to promote rigorous, high quality learning. They become adult educators who support the development of teachers and staff, and they become community leaders who have the knowledge and commitment to forge partnerships with parents, grassroots community groups, civic leaders, and organized labor.